The Cheshire Half Marathon 5K Foundation and Connecticut’s oldest event management company, JB Sports, are hosting the 9th annual event.
- Event has a crowd of 5,000 (2,500 runners & 2,500 spectators).
- The largest community event in Central Connecticut.
- Event and participants raised nearly $100,000 for special needs causes and community organizations.
- Over the event’s history, nearly $600,000 has been given to worthy causes.
- Through the festival exhibiting opportunity, and the mailing of the event brochure, the race promoted healthy and active lifestyles by creating awareness of activities and wellness products and services.
2020 Event Goals
- Expand Corporate Team competition and sponsor category.
- Increase event participation and charitable contributions from event.
- Increase social media presence and expand our digital reach.
By teaming with JB Sports, our event and race coordinator, we gain access to Connecticut’s largest database of active road race and events mailing list. JB Sports managed some of the largest foot races and fitness walks in the Northeast and the following major CT events:
- Faxon Law New Haven Road Race newhavenroadrace.org Over 7,000 participants annually.
- Faxon Law Fairfield Half Marathon and 5K – fairfieldhalf.org Annually raises over $400,000 for charity – nearly 7,000 participants annually.
- Branford Road Race– branfordroadrace.net Great community event with over 3,000 participants.
We will get the word out to participants and media by:
- Using CT’s largest running and active family database; can e-mail & mail to over 30,000 active households. In 2019, “event specific” emails were sent to over 200,000 recipients, and the event was tagged on emails sent to over 100,000 recipients.
- Distribute race flyers to over 60 regional running stores and to health and fitness clubs throughout CT.
- Media Releases – Create and distribute to over 100 media outlets in CT including 99.1PLR (promotional spots valued at over $10,000).
- Solicit and retain media partner(s) – JB Sports brings substantial relationships with a number of media sources including newspapers, television and radio stations in the New Haven and Hartford markets.
- Event sponsors receive recognition with 10,000 pieces of mail promoting the event and its sponsors
- Expanding social media presence on Facebook and Instagram.
Reasons to Advertise/Sponsor a Road Race
- Today’s core runners are highly educated with 75.8% having earned a college diploma (overall U.S. adults = 30.4%) and affluent with 73.3% reporting a household income of more than $75,000 (Higher in CT-U.S. median household income = $52,700).
- A majority of today’s runners carry health & life insurance, have financial resources and are not only physically fit but financially fit as well. Vendors and sponsors get more bang for their buck at running & fitness events than any other venue.
- Today’s runners are on the move. They are the trendsetters, decision makers, leaders, and pacesetters … they use the power of running to transform their lives and the world around them. They also spend money, support the community in charitable ways and support sponsors.
Source: 2013 National Runner Survey (Running USA)
This event promises to be among the top New England road races and a local highlighted and supported event for years to come. We would ask that your business join us in this effort by being a sponsor for this event or consider purchasing an ad in our Healthy & Active Living Magazine that will be mailed to 30,000 area households.
2013 Race Demographics